Anodizing aluminum increases the hardness and durability of aluminum, for use in a variety of applications. This process adds resistance for both wear and corrosion to any aluminum surface.
K&L Plating anodizes aluminum through a sulfuric acid or hard anodic processes, resulting in a protective finish that also looks great.
Contact us if you have a special color requirement.
Why Choose Anodizing?
Anodized aluminum is not a protective coating; rather, it is a chemical reaction that modifies the surface of the substrate. Dyes can be added during the process, changing the color of the aluminum to your specification. Anodized aluminum gains improved adhesive qualities, allowing you to paint the surface easily. Customers in the automotive, military, and medical industries value anodized aluminum for its resistance to wear and corrosion, as well as its ability to be cleaned or polished.
Get a Quote for Anodize
- Same day or next day quote
- Convenient pick up and delivery
- Expedited service available
- Aerospace: blades, couplings, communications, switches
- Military: firearms, robotics, communications equipment
- Automotive: wheels, trim, rails, high performance parts & fittings
- Medical: sterilized equipment, oxygen equipment, dental tools
- Architecture: handrails, trim, design elements.
The Anodizing Process
Anodizing aluminum requires immersing the material in a bath of sulfuric acid, while adding an electrical charge. This results in modifying the surface of the aluminum, making it harder and wear-resistant. Dyes can be added to the process to color the surface of the aluminum. Our process is flexible and meets MIL-A-8625 specs for Type II and III.
We’ve invested in state-of-the-art equipment — including an advanced DC power supply system and automated controls — to provide a more accurate control over the anodizing process. This means you receive a consistent product every time! Learn more about our technological advantage today.
The K&L Plating Advantage
No matter the size of the order, K&L Plating produces reliable outcomes on every order, as all our films and coatings meet rigorous military and ASTM specifications.
Nothing leaves our door before undergoing rigorous testing.
On-site Laboratory Testing
All of our quality assurance (QA) testing is done in-house in our qualified laboratory, conforming to ASTM and MIL-SPEC standards. This internal QA assures that you receive quality, consistent work from us every time. We’ll work quickly to deliver your job on schedule or earlier, and offer same-day quotes and expedited turnaround if you need it.
Benefits of Working With Us:
- Anodized aluminum that meets your exact specifications
- Meets MIL-A-8625 specs (Type II & III)
- Rigorous internal QA that meets ASTM and MIL-SPEC standards
- Fast quote and turnaround
All of our plating and coating processes can conform to RoHS standards for environmentally-safer chemicals. If your application requires RoHS or any additional compliance standards in your industry, let us know and we can adjust our process to meet your needs.
Anodizing works on
- Aluminum Alloy
- Increased hardness
- Corrosion resistance
- Wear resistance
- Increased adhesive qualities
- Additional colors available at your request.
- MIL-A-8625 Type II (sulfuric acid)
- MIL-A-8625 Type III (hard anodic coating)
We’re a full-service plating company and our work conforms to ISO standards. Plating services include:
- Zinc plating
- Electroless nickel
- Chemical films
- Solid Film Lubrication