Phosphate Conversion Coating
Phosphate conversion coating is used as a protective base for iron and steel substrates. This coating provides a uniform base to apply organic coatings.
K&L Plating provides zinc phosphate conversion coating to steel and iron surfaces in several applications. Our coating is corrosion-resistant, and prevents galling, scuffing, and seizing of moving parts. It can serve as a uniform, non-reflective finish, or be used as primer for highly decorative painted finishes.
The K&L Plating Advantage
No matter the size of the order, K&L Plating produces reliable outcomes on every order, as all our films and coatings meet rigorous military and ASTM specifications.
Nothing leaves our door before undergoing rigorous testing.
On-site Laboratory Testing
Most of our quality assurance (QA) testing is done in-house in our qualified laboratory, conforming to ASTM and MIL-SPEC standards. This internal QA assures that you receive quality, consistent work from us every time. We’ll work quickly to deliver your job on schedule or earlier, and offer same-day quotes and expedited turnaround if you need it.
Benefits of Working With Us:
- Phosphate coatings (Type Z) that meets your exact specifications
- Meets MIL-DTL-16232 spec (Class 1-3)
- Rigorous internal QA that meets ASTM and MIL-SPEC standards
- Fast quote and turnaround
Get a Quote for Phosphate
- Same day or next day quote
- Convenient pick up and delivery
- Expedited service available
Why Choose Phosphate?
Phosphate coatings provide superior uniform bonding capabilities for organic coatings like paints, lacquers, or a CARC military topcoat. When applied to steel or iron, it provides a non-reflective finish which can be dyed to your specification. It also provides corrosion protection to the metal.
- Defense: CARC primer, applications that desire non-reflective finish
- Aerospace: moving parts & threads, primer for special coatings
- Automotive: base for coatings, engine, transmission
- Heavy equipment: gears and bearings
- Oil and Gas: primer for components
All of our plating and coating processes can conform to RoHS standards for environmentally-safer chemicals. If your application requires RoHS or any additional compliance standards in your industry, let us know and we can adjust our process to meet your needs.
Phosphate works on
- Provides bonding surface for organic coatings
- Corrosion protection
- Absorbs lubricating oils
- Uniform, non-reflective finish
- Chemically dyed to specific color
- MIL-DTL-16232 (Type Z)
- Class 2 oil conforms to MIL-C-16173 (Grade 1)
Types of Treatments
- Class 1 (Supplementary preservation treatment)
- Class 2 (Supplementary treatment with lubricating oil)
- Class 3 (No supplementary treatment)
We’re a full-service plating company and our work conforms to ISO standards. Plating services include:
- Zinc plating
- Electroless nickel
- Chemical films
- Solid Film Lubrication